Title: Applications Developer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Must reside in the state of Arizona
Salary: $70,800 - $74,800
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position is eligible for full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Applications Developer. This position will be responsible for completing written systems analysis and design tasks that are technical in nature and in full scope of requirements. Interacting, as directed by project manager or project leader, with users, peers, and other technical staff as needed during the requirements analysis, design, development, test review, and implementation of assigned tasks. Developing and/or modifying computer programs of the highest level of complexity. Preparing test data for unit and system testing. Performing unit and system testing. Preparing program documentation. Preparing promote packages and forms. Participating in training. Applying knowledge of database structure at the highest level of intricacy as applicable to environment being worked upon. Assisting with technical tasks. Ensuring that departmental standards and procedures are followed in all aspects of completed work assignments. Performing complex analysis of computerized systems development, often interacting with other technical teams. Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of business area being worked upon and continually reviewing how that business function interacts with the other business functions that form the entire business process. Completing other duties as assigned and being available to respond to on-call situations.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performing technical systems analysis tasks.
* Testing and debugging programs.
* Coding and modifying programs.
* Participating in system testing.
* Performing user requirements systems analysis tasks.
* Reviewing, discussing, and comprehending assignments with project leader.
* Documenting programs.
* Assisting P/A ls and P/A lls with assignments, technical tasks, and training.
* Attending status meetings.
* Computer programming languages(s) and methodologies
* JCL (or other operating control language required by the environment) and related operating systems relevant to the environment being used by the agency
* Relational database structures
* Complex coding of computer programs
* Complex relational database tasks
* Complete lifecycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures
* Complex JCL coding procedures (or other operating control language required by the environment)
* Developing and executing project workplans
* Verbal and written communications
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail
* Interface with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs
* Work independently as well as in a team
* Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience).
* Two (2) years experience in full life cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation and implementation. Work experience in HIPAA X12, EDI Transactions, TIBCO, Foresight software (Transaction Insight, Foresight Studio and In-stream), and IBM ITX software (Transformation Extender).
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* Paid Parental Leave-Up to 12 weeks per year paid leave for newborn or newly-placed foster/adopted child (pilot program).
* Other Leaves - Bereavement, civic duty, and military.
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.