Title: Applications Developer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Information Services Division
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: $70,800 - $74,800
Must reside in the state of Arizona
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement).
The Information Services Division is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Applications Developer.
Completing written systems analysis and design tasks that are technical in nature and in full scope of requirements. Interacting, as directed by project manager or project leader, with users, peers, and other technical staff as needed during the requirements analysis, design, development, test review, and implementation of assigned tasks.
Developing and/or modifying computer programs of the testing. Performing unit and system testing. Preparing program documentation. Preparing promote packages and forms. Participating in training. Applying knowledge of database structure at the highest level of intricacy as applicable to environment being worked upon. Assisting subordinate programmers with technical tasks.
Ensuring that departmental standards and procedures are followed in all aspects of completed work assignments. Performing complex analysis of computerized systems development, often interacting with other technical teams. Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of business area being worked upon and continually reviewing how that business function interacts with the other business function that from the entire business process.
Completing other duties as assigned and being available to respond to on-call situations.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performing technical systems analysis and impact analysis tasks.
* Coding and modifying programs.
* Testing and debugging programs.
* Documenting functionality from existing code as well as creating technical and functional specifications documentation for new and updated assignments.
* Participating in system testing.
* Considerable working knowledge of multiple programming languages, multiple database management systems, and multiple development platforms.
* Computer programming language(s) and methodologies.
* Preferred experience with JCL, Control M and Ideal programming.
* Cobol experience is helpful.
* Writing, reading, and documenting code.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
* Developing and writing technical documentation.
* Participating in complex analysis.
* Writing, unit testing, and documenting easy to complex programs.
* Work independently as well as in a team.
* Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
* Work in a Virtual Office environment.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree plus 5 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience).
Preferred: Languages of IDEAL, JCL, and Cobol. Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of coding experience.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.