Title: Applications Developer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Information Services Division
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled:
Salary: $71,500 - $74,800
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Information Services Division is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Applications Developer. This position will complete written systems analysis and design tasks that are technical in nature and in full scope of requirements. Interact, as directed by project manager, with users, peers, and other technical staff as needed during the requirements analysis, design, development, test review, and implementation of assigned tasks. Develop and/or modify computer programs of the highest level of complexity. Prepare JCL (or other operating control language) as required. Prepare and perform unit and system testing. Prepare program documentation, promote packages and forms. Participate in training. Apply knowledge of database structure at the highest level of intricacy as applicable to environment being worked upon. Perform complex analysis of computerized systems development, often interacting with other technical teams. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of business area being worked upon and continually reviewing how that business function interacts with the other business functions that form the entire business process.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with business users to identify and document clear requirements and program to the requirements using CA Datacomm Ideal, Cobol and JCL to modify the AHCCCS PMMIS mainframe system as needed.
- Manage all facets of the system development lifecycle working closely with business users and other staff within AHCCCS Information Systems Division.
- Complete all required documentation that includes design documentation, walkthroughs of modifications, test plans and approvals.
- Knowledge of computer programming and system development lifecycle methodology.
- Knowledge of Cobol or similar generation language and JCL.
- Knowledge of relational database structures.
- Skilled in complex system lifecycle development; gathering requirements, coding, testing, implementation.
- Skilled in developing and executing project workplans.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a remote setting.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience).
- Two years experience in full life cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation, and implementation.
- Experience working in a mainframe environment.
- Languages of IDEAL, JCL, and Cobol.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Minimum 5 years programming experience.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.