Title: Administrative Services Unit Supervisor
Administrative Services Unit Supervisor
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Administrative Services Unit Supervisor
Office of the General Counsel
801 E Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled
Salary: $52,223.60 - $56,453.00
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement) based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures. Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Office of the General Counsel is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as the Administrative Services Unit Supervisor. This position assists with the analyses of the Administrative Services Unit structure, policies, procedures, systems, practices, and operations for the purpose of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit; serves as technical expert in the claims and appeals process; and supervises a staff of administrative assistants.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
? Ensure compliance with federal, state and agency requirements for grievances and appeals; supervise assigned administrative staff including assigning work and assessing performance; oversee and ensure quality and accuracy of all work product; provide appropriate and timely training and support for staff as needed; organize staff schedules and assignments to meet compliance requirements as well as the changing needs of the division and agency.
? Establish individual and unit production goals that are specific and measurable for the desired outcomes. Provide guidance and constructive feedback on individual and unit progress and performance. Analyze work processes and develop/update and implement standard work processes to ensure the most effective and efficient methods of accomplishing work.
? Maintain and report on key components of division metrics to support the agency's compliance with federal, state and agency requirements.
? Attend hearings at OAH on behalf of AHCCCS Administration and prepare and issue legally sound and accurate Notices of Decision to notify parties of findings. Work cooperatively with the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) and AHCCCS DMPS staff to identify opportunities for increased efficiencies in the hearing scheduling process. Coordinate with OAH on scheduling changes, trends, events that may affect the volume of hearing requests and/or the unit’s ability to be in compliance with federal, state and agency requirements.
? Keep current on policies, procedures, systems, practices, operations, and organizational structure. Serve as a technical expert on state and federal rules and statutes as well as agency requirements as they relate to processing claim disputes, appeals and hearing requests.
? The principles and practices of public administration with emphasis on effective planning, organization, and management
? Contemporary business methods, procedures, and practices
? Principles, research methods and reporting techniques used in administrative studies.
? Operational/programmatic structures, applicable legislation, rules, regulations, standards, policies, procedures, resources, and priorities.
? Effective oral and written communication skills
? Identify and analyze organizational and/or procedural problems and determine and implement effective solutions
? Express ideas and information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
? Establish and maintain effective, cooperative relationships as necessary to conduct work
? Supervise and evaluate the work of others
? Plan, organize and prioritize staff assignments to ensure that compliance requirements are met.
? Multitask and adjust to changing priorities
? Two years of management analysis experience appropriate to the assignment; OR four years of experience appropriate to the assignment; A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a field appropriate to the assignment will substitute for one or two years of the required experience respectively, but will not substitute for the management analysis experience.
? Experience with insurance, healthcare claims, contract compliance, auditing, legal environment, Medicaid agency or Medicaid contractor
? Proficient with AHCCCS Prepaid Medical Management Information System (PMMIS) a plus
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.