Title: Administrative Assistant 3
Administrative Assistant 3
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Administrative Assistant 3
Office of General Counsel (OGC)
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $39,520 - $40,560
Closing Date: Open until filled
This position provides administrative services for OGC. The primary responsibility of this position is entering and scheduling provider claims dispute cases, health plan hearing requests, and member and eligibility appeals. This position has the potential to work from home in a virtual office (VO) setting or may telecommute based on the needs of the unit and at the discretion of leadership.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Enter and schedule health plan requests for hearing (claims, members), schedule AHCCCS member and applicant appeals; draft and issue AHCCCS Notices of Hearing, authorized representative, voluntary withdrawal, and untimely letters forms and informal decisions; follow up on returned mail. Recommend/develop/modify procedures and forms to improve program effectiveness.
* Provide administrative support to other OGC units; perform other administrative duties such as answering phones, processing mail and faxes, receiving visitors, assisting with OnePrint and other equipment maintenance and monitoring office supplies.
* Initiate and perform the archiving and records retention process following established rules and guidelines
* Coordinate participation in HIP, SECC, other agency wide and OGC events
* Principles and practices of administration and management
* Agency or program rules, regulations and operating procedures
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) or comparable office application
* Quality control procedures
* Process workflow design
* Rocket TE, Docuware, RightFax and Prolaw database computer systems
* Organizational and planning skills
* Skill to type proficiently
* Oral and written communication skills
* Computer skills
* Interpersonal and training skills
* Analytical skills
* Flexibility for variable work load
* Proofreading for high degree of accuracy
* Analyze and coordinate activities and establish priorities
* Develop effective operating procedures
* Adjust to changing priorities
* Work with others effectively and to delegate appropriately
* Provide training concepts
* Manage work assignments and tasks to meet timeliness
* Three years responsible administrative experience; or Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the assignment and two years responsible administrative experience; or a Master's degree in a field appropriate to the assignment and one year responsible administrative experience.
* Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a healthcare or hospital environment.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* Paid Parental Leave-Up to 12 weeks per year paid leave for newborn or newly-placed foster/adopted child (pilot program).
* Other Leaves - Bereavement, civic duty, and military.
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.