Title: Administrative Assistant 2
Administrative Assistant 2
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Administrative Assistant 2
Office of General Counsel (OGC)
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $31,200 - $32,240
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position provides administrative services for OGC. The primary responsibility of this position is intaking and processing claim disputes and appeals in compliance with federal Medicaid grievance system regulations and the state’s administrative review process.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform administrative duties that may include answering phones, processing mail and faxes, receiving visitors, assisting other OGC staff, assisting with printers and other equipment maintenance and supplies and monitoring office supplies. Initiate and perform the archiving and records retention process following records retention rules and guidelines.
* Process claim disputes and appeals, requests for hearing, trust matters, and grievances in compliance with federal Medicaid grievance system regulations and the state’s administrative review process. Service as the initial contact for anyone requesting information guidance on the AHCCCS grievance, appeal, and hearing processes. Perform administrative duties in support of other units in the division.
* Coordinate participation on HIP, SECC, and other agency wide and OGC events.
* Principles and practices of administration and management
* Agency or program rules, regulations and operational procedures
* AHCCCS programs
* Oral and written communication
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel or comparable applications. Roket TE, Docuware, Prolaw or other case management system
* Plan, coordinate, analyze and establish priorities
* Develop effective operating procedures
* Proofread with high degree of accuracy and identify discrepancies
* Lean administrative and leadership skills
* Analyze and resolve routing problems
* Follow rules, regulations and operating procedures as it applies to the position
* Work effectively with others (internally and externally)
* Multitask, adjust priorities to meet deadlines
* Adapt to changing environments
* Two years responsible administrative experience; or an Associate’s degree or certificate in a field appropriate to the assignment from an accredited college or university and one year of the required experience.
* Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a healthcare or hospital environment.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
If this position requires driving or the use of a vehicle as an essential function of the job to conduct State business, then the following requirements apply: Driver’s License Requirements.
All newly hired State employees are subject to and must successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* Paid Parental Leave-Up to 12 weeks per year paid leave for newborn or newly-placed foster/adopted child (pilot program).
* Other Leaves - Bereavement, civic duty, and military.
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.