- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Division of Health Care Management
801 E. Jefferson Street Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on date 8/2/2022
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Actuary. This position is to provide additional actuarial expertise and services to AHCCCS by developing actuarially sound capitation rates, determining reasonable adjustments to capitation rates based on trends, changes in AHCCCS policies, rules, state statutes, and federal rules/laws. These services include review and pricing for multiple AHCCCS programs with primary focus on EPD and CHP as well as support for ACC, ACC-RBHA, and DDD programs and rates. Will work on developing and updating models to help with actuarial analysis. Will mentor less experienced actuaries. Also provide support to directed payment calculations and ad hoc actuarial needs such as procurement support.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
? Capitation rate analysis and pricing and reporting of results
? Research and analysis that determines future risk and reporting of results.
? Research and analysis in estimating trends and reporting of results.
? Statistical analysis and compilation of studies and reporting of results.
? Advisory and application of subject matter expertise to help with leadership of actuarial unit, including mentoring of other actuaries.
? Extensive knowledge of Medicaid in regards to actuarial services, namely pricing reserving, forecasting, and regulatory review
? Comprehensive knowledge of advanced statistical principles and techniques
? Comprehensive knowledge of Medicaid capitation rate development procedures
? Knowledge of federal regulations related to Medicaid as well as AHCCCS policies and procedures
? Knowledge of principles and practices of project management and supervisory
? Data analytical capabilities using statistical programming and data querying software solutions
? Plan and conduct complex actuarial studies
? Prepare accurate, comprehensive reports
? Analyze complex data and draw valid conclusions
? Three years experience with healthcare actuarial services; Member of American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) and either Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
? Experience with the Arizona marketplace and/or heavily managed care markets
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.