Title: Accounting Specialist 2
Accounting Specialist 2
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Accounting Specialist 2
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $47,437 - $52,500
Closing Date: Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on (7/21/22)
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Specialist 2. This position applies basic principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of governmental accounting focused on accounts receivable. The Accounting Specialist 2 is responsible for collaborating with the State General Accounting Office and AHCCCS DHCM and IT staff to invoice the health care investment assessment quarterly and display the invoices on the secure provider portal. This position also works with ADOA IT personnel to interface files into the AFIS accounting system and Bank of America's (BOA) Healthcare Revenue Manager (HRM) online system. Additionally, the Accounting Specialist 2 provides customer service and assistance to hospitals in making their online payment. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* This position will monitor and maintain finance related invoicing and receipt activities for two hospital assessment billings programs. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
* This position responds to calls in the DBF Call Center related to the hospital assessments and premium billing members as well as responding to telephone inquiries for providers.
* Records comments on screens in the Premium Billing System and follows-up on internal problems and issues with other divisions in the Agency.
* Responsible for professional customer satisfaction. Conducts research, review findings and provides a resolution for AHCCCS hospital and members that are assessed a quarterly and monthly/ premium who have called or written concerns, issues, or problems.
* Reconciles, analyzes, verifies, and balances financial transactions.
* In accounts receivable processing system to include billing, collections, and general accounting
* Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Word, and Excel
* Basic principles, concepts, practices, methods of government accounting; rules, regulations and procedures governing billing and collection and ACH processing.
* Excellent oral and written communications
* Strong customer service, interpersonal skills, and telephone etiquette
* Manage time and maintain organized accurate records
* High school diploma, GED
* One year of government accounting experience OR; completion of at least 12 semester hours of accounting from an accredited college OR; three years of profession level accounting experience in business or industry
* Knowledge and experience using the State Accounting System (AFIS)
* Knowledge in billing, collections and ACH processing
* Bi-lingual in Spanish verbally and in written form is a plus
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.