Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
This position will remain open until filled
First Resume Review: 3/28/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Systems/LAN Administrator. This position is part of the Network Services Team. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Analyzes and resolves operations problems on the LAN servers
* Performs general network administration (e.g., adding/deleting users) and network services
* Provides technical assistance
* Performs backup and recovery of LAN servers. Installs and maintains operating systems and software on servers and user workstations. Creates work plans for assigned projects
* Defines, controls and tests LAN system security. Develops and writes network administration and user documentation
* Installs, configures and monitors network and server operating systems
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending training courses and reading technical publications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Microsoft Windows Server and PC software; VMWare virtualization technologies
* Experience with supporting an enterprise IT environment for a medium sized enterprise of 500+ users; maintaining large number of Microsoft Windows servers in an enterprise environment
* Experience with client services including MS Active Director, MS DHCP Server, WINS, MS DNS
* Data backup methodologies
* Ability to interface with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs; and working independently as well as in a team
* Minimum 5-7 years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012 Servers
* Principles, techniques and operations of personal computers/computing, including networks and network hardware
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in the following Microsoft SQL 2005 Server and beyond
* Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and beyond
* Westbrook Fortis, Kofax application suite, Open Text Rightfax, ZenDesktop, NetScalar
* Microsoft Terminal Services
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.