Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
System Testing Analyst
Apply by: 02/23/2020
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Management Analyst 2 with a working title of System Testing Analyst for the Office of Systems Coordination. This position is responsible for conducting system testing, monitoring system processing and ensuring the data is handled correctly and all outputs are correct. Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate, conduct and document system tests.
* Research complex problems and provide solutions and corrective actions..
* Provide ongoing support to internal and external users regarding system processes and or issues.
* Maintain current knowledge on the business rules and detailed system processes for Medicaid eligibility and enrollment.
* Update system tables with data that pertain to the Medicaid program and processes
* Participate in meetings regarding system requirements and design, business rules and testing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of AHCCCS policy and procedures, and experience with Arizona Medicaid programs and systems.
* Demonstrated experience identifying and analyzing procedural problems and proposing effective solutions.
* Demonstrated experience communicating with internal and external customers.
* Phase 1 of the selection process requires completion of a computer-based writing exercise within a given timeframe. Candidates will be contacted via email by AHCCCS.
* One year of management analysis experience appropriate to the assignment OR three years of experience in programmatic and technical environment at AHCCCS or with other testing environment.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.