Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Suicide Prevention Specialist
Apply by: August 9, 2018
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Suicide Prevention Specialist. This position will be responsible for facilitating a multidisciplinary Arizona Suicide Prevention Advisory Board that oversees the state suicide prevention plan, coordinating with ADHS Office of Injury Prevention including obtaining data to help inform suicide prevention efforts, coordinating with AHCCCS Grants to apply for all eligible suicide prevention grants, participating in the Arizona Child Fatality Review Board, and responding to public and private inquiries on suicide. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Facilitating multidisciplinary Arizona Suicide Prevention Advisory Board and overseeing Arizona Suicide Prevention Plan
* Responding to public and private stakeholder inquiries on suicide and suicide prevention
* Coordinating with ADHS Office of Injury Prevention
* Participating in Arizona Child Fatality Review Board
* Coordinating with AHCCCS Grants on application for federal or other available suicide prevention grants
* Other duties as assigned related to the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge in suicide prevention strategies
* Knowledge of the Arizona Healthcare System
* Strong ability in leading and facilitating meetings
* Demonstrated knowledge of at-risk populations
* Ability to interpret data sets to inform prevention efforts
* Knowledge of unique demographic considerations in Arizona
* Skilled in using Microsoft and Google-based platforms
* Licensed in healthcare-related field
* Past experience with suicide prevention efforts at local and/or state level
* Grant writing and management
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.