Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Suicide Prevention Epidemiologist
First Resume Review: 08/07/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Suicide Prevention Epidemiologist. The Suicide Prevention Epidemiologist will assist the Chief Medical Officer and Suicide Prevention Program Coordinator with data projects involved with implementation of the agency suicide prevention initiatives and will be responsible for development, oversight and monitoring of performance measures and evaluation methodology. This position is funded by Mental Health Block Grant and will be employed for periods concurrent with the grant award. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide technical and supportive assistance to all internal and external agencies and/or persons associated with assigned projects
* Position will assist project areas such as project design, data collection, statistical analysis, report production and presentation
* Ensure project time lines are successfully met, while adhering to policy, procedures and approved work methods.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of suicide prevention methodologies, biostatistics, epidemiology reporting
* Skilled in creating reports, communicate research and data findings to multisector partners
* Strong skills in public speaking
* Problem-solving and technical writing
* Ability to multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
* Survey development and implementation
* Ability to prepare and deliver presentations
* At least two years of experience with SPSS, COGNOS, public health data and translational research
* Master’s level education in a public health or social science field
* Bachelor degree in a health or math related field
* Experience working in suicide prevention/public health
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.