Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 06/05/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Procurement Specialist/Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager supervises a team of two Procurement Technicians in the purchasing of goods and services for the Agency in accordance with the State of Arizona and AHCCCS procurement policies and procedures. Responsibilities include maintaining integrity of public procurement process, delegated procurements; provide guidance on the acquisition of moderately complex procurements, administration of the Agency’s eProcurement system, procurement training, and records management for the Agency. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Serve as the Agency’s eProcurement Administrator responsible, but not limited, for organization set-up, user training and set-up, document approval paths, troubleshooting issues and general day-to-day systems operation.
* Manage, supervise, coach, train and develop purchasing staff on the procurement of goods and services for the Agency in accordance with State of Arizona and AHCCCS procurement policy and sound business practices.
* Manage the Agency’s Records Management System, including storage and retrieval of records and destruction of records in accordance with State of Arizona Records Retention Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge and application of AHCCCS’ Procurement Policies, Procedures and Processes; ADOA State Procurement Office’s Policies; public contracts management/acquisition processes; and Arizona Procurement Code. Must be able to explain Federal, State and Agency rules and regulations pertaining to procurement.
* Advanced organizational and detail-oriented skills are required. Make sound decision in a timely manner, and substantiated with research.
* The ability and skill to communicate effectively on technical matters, both orally and in writing. Resolve moderately complex to complex procurement issues and problems. Develop effective and cooperative working relationships with divisions, other state agencies and vendors. Communicate and negotiate with vendors regarding requirements, quantity, quality, delivery, price and terms and conditions.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and in Google Suite products.
* Two years of purchasing experience in an eProcurement environment or four years of general business operations experience that include eProcurement system.
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills may be through a combination of on the job training, education, seminars, workshops and networking with professionals in the related area.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.