Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Sr Information Security Engineer
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Sr Information Security Engineer. Position is responsible to pro-actively monitor and implement prevention of digital security threats to the AHCCCS network; researches and identifies security mitigation actions to re-mediate known threats or best practice and ensure that those mitigation actions are documented, and applied in a timely manner, Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Vulnerability Management - Perform vulnerability scans and Penetration testing of agency networks and applications; manage RiskSense application to facilitate risk score compliance defined by the state. Delegate mitigation efforts to system owners and ensure follow through of mitigation implementation. All activity must be documented effectively.
* Participate and represent AHCCCS in state, agency security meetings and conferences.
* Participate in internal and external audits or assessments relating to security.
* Draft digital security policy and procedure and suggest safeguards (to include software/hardware) to protect the agency’s systems.
* Forensics - In the event of any security related breach, lead/participate in the forensic efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Working knowledge of information security technologies, industry trends and best practices in the areas of risk assessment, compliance and vulnerability management. Knowledge of specific information protection standards (HIPAA, MARS-E, etc., as appropriate).
* Proficiency with the concepts of NIST and other security standards in the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks, as well as ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
* Proven ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met.
* Experience in evaluating and testing emerging technologies.
* Possess strong customer service skills, together with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
* Bachelor’s in Information Security, and eight, plus years related experience in information security systems engineering; or, equivalent experience.
* Two plus years’ experience in vulnerability management.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.