Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Sr. Database Administrator
First Resume Review: 01/13/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Sr. Database Administrator. This is a mainframe position and will support the Agency by maintaining our critical systems running a CA-Datacom / IDEAL environment on IBM equipment. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Monitors, reviews, tests, and performs Data Base support and System upgrade and maintenance. Resolves Customer Support tickets in a timely manner.
* Cross training to support AHCCCS Data Base Systems and Applications.
* Performs Data Base Systems and Applications troubleshooting.
* Performs Data Base Systems production on-call support
* Advises Programmer Analysts on the design and use of logical and physical data base structures
* Assists in the recovery of databases in the event of data loss.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Thorough knowledge of functions and capabilities of database systems
* Working knowledge of theory, principles and practices of systems specification standards, applications programming, and database design and utilization techniques
* Demonstrated experience in computer documentation procedures
* Experience in the use of programming, job control, and data defining language specific to the database management system
* Analyzing and resolving technical problems
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a project team environment
* Five years’ Data Base Administration
* Two years’ application programming and application analysis and design
* Vendor specific Data Base Administration training
* Bachelor’s degree, plus seven or more years of experience in database administration and analysis, or equivalent experience
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.