Special Program Manager
Special Program Manager
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Special Program Manager
Salary: $80,000 - $83,000
he Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Special Program Manager. This position is responsible for supervising a team of project managers as well as providing critical project management expertise in order to facilitate execution of mission-critical DHCM and agency initiatives and projects.
* Lead efforts to build out initiatives to increase specific treatment and training programs around 0-5, trauma informed care, trauma screenings, and assist in oversight of CFT implementation beyond outpatient BH provider clinics.
* Represent AHCCCS at meetings with contractors and other contractor professionals; participate in special projects related to Medicaid managed care, including rules teams, fraud prevention, contract development, etc. Prepare responses to contractors, state agencies, and others requesting technical assistance or expressing a concern with projects and/or areas of subject matter expertise.
* Lead efforts to develop more youth-guided advisory projects to engage youth and ensure their representation in AHCCCS initiatives and community; work in partnership with OIFA. Implement methods to share meaningful data and youth-focused engagement strategies.
* Lead staff to achieve outlined goals and completion of quality work products. Support implementation and maintenance of AMS principles and activities within the Unit. Provide coaching, 1:1s, and actively problem solve with staff as needed.
* Lead efforts related to increase monitoring and support for out of state placements. Increase initiatives to improve systems tracking and work with MCOs to expand network capacity and services to members with complex care needs.
* Participate in development and implementation of the SED determination process and policy development.
* Develop health care policy and contract language and/or lead or participate in agency policy teams. Interpret various administrative rules, regulations, policies, and procedures and apply to projects and other work efforts.
* Delivery of behavioral health services and programs, including SMI rules and crisis services
* Knowledge of Arizona Public Behavioral Health system, including AHCCCS/Administrative rules, policies, and contract requirements
* Understanding of principles and practices of program planning; assessment skills; Child Family Team (CFT) and Adult Recovery Team (ART) models, and mechanisms of managed (prepaid) health care systems; preventative health practices
* Skilled in consensus building, conflict resolution and project management
* Rule and policy analysis and interpretation
* Analyze problems and develop effective plans for corrective action
* Provide effective guidance and technical assistance regarding Medicaid managed care issues and the administration of AHCCCS programs
* Behavioral health license or certification.
* Three years managerial experience resulting in a broad-based knowledge of health care and familiarity with principles of managed care.
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Public Health, Social Work or Public Administration or closely related field may substitute for one year of the required experience.
* Project management certification.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.