Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Service Desk Supervisor
First Resume Review: 05/21/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Service Desk Supervisor. The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the agency end user environment and provides support and direction in dealing with administrative issues as needed. The position will manage and train the desktop administrator and customer support teams. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Build, manage, and train the desktop administrator and customer support teams.
* Ensure teams are meeting customer expectations through SLA and ticket metrics
* Establish organizational goals, strategic planning, and operational procedures for the department
* Develop performance standards and evaluate work according to the established policy and procedures
* Develop and mentor staff including establishing training plans and career paths
* Prepare management and status reports to keep good communications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of strategic planning in order to develop goals/objectives for the department
* Knowledge of management principles in order to mentor and lead staff toward the successful completion of assignments
* Knowledge of desktop administration, customer support, and network systems
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
* Ability to manage high performance teams
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.