Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Service Desk Analyst
First Resume Review: 05/29/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Service Desk Analyst. Position works in a call center environment providing technical assistance to customers on agency issues, service, network, and/or computer hardware and software issues, providing basic level troubleshooting to uncover known issues. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work in a call center environment to provide technical assistance to customers on agency issues, services, network, and/or computer hardware and software issues
* Provide basic level troubleshooting to uncover known issues. Identify trends or patterns in reported issues.
* Provide answers to simple, frequently asked questions to achieve first level resolution.
* Resolve customer computer issues over the phone and refer the issues to second level technical support as necessary.
* Create trouble tickets then update and close them with resolutions. Work closely in conjunction with Desktop and Network administration teams.
* Be the primary customer contact for status of assigned tickets.
* Update and maintain issues knowledge base as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Comprehension of the operation of wide-area and local-area networks, terminal services and network architecture and how it relates to personal computer operation
* Detailed operational knowledge of various software products in use (Chrome, G-Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, etc. and how the software applies to business applications
* Demonstrated skill in analyzing and resolving complex computer systems problems (software and hardware)
* Experienced in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing
* Interview techniques to guide user in fully describing problem and prevent a mis-diagnosis
* Principles and operations of personal computers and network hardware
* Demonstrated ability to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism
* One to three years of on-the-job training related to Desktop / LAN system administration and troubleshooting
* At least one year of job experience in a technical support position (Help Desk)
* Formal training or certification in the areas of software applications, network systems administration and/or computer
* Reading publications, periodicals and trade journals to maintain skills
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.