Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Senior Project Manager
Closing Date: 10/1/2021
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Project Manager . The Senior Project Manager is responsible for implementing initiatives and managing project execution to enhance overall project success to promote a result driven environment. As a Senior Project Manager this position will partner with divisions across the agency to fulfill the mission.
* Driving initiatives and managing project execution to ensure adherence to schedule and scope. Develop or update project plans for various projects including project objectives, schedules, staffing and potential barriers. Monitor and track project milestones and deliverables.
* Create, share, and maintain comprehensive project documentation including a project plan and AHCCCS specific project management documents to monitor and track progress. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
* Coordinate availability and allocation with internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects. Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques. Report and escalate to management as needed. Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders. Develop and update spreadsheets, presentations, diagrams, policies and procedures, and process maps to document needs.
* Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project. Deliver presentations, in-person or via video conference, to stakeholders informing them of project risks and status.
* Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals. Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
* Assist, lead, and manage AHCCCS's Continuity of Operations Program (COOP) as the agencies COOP Planner.
* Project Management methodologies, tools and best practices,
* Performance management principles,
* Training, development, and administration,
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office for report preparation and presentation,
* Excellent communication principles both written and verbal,
* Planning and process improvement
* Budget tracking
* Project Management certifications or formal education
* Two years or more of project management experience
* Experience with projects that exceed $1 million
* Managed Care Organization or AHCCCS experience
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.