Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Senior Financial Analyst
First Resume Review: 06/26/2020
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Financial Analyst. Under the direction of the Financial Analyst Supervisor, this position is responsible for oversight of quarterly and annual financial reporting and financial deliverables. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Preparation of internal financial reporting & query development - Graph Package, IBNR Analysis, Premium Tax, CMS Enrollment Survey, HCBS Mix % etc.
* Review of Quarterly Financial Reporting - financial summaries/review tasks.
* Review of Annual Financial Reporting.
* Oversight of Quarterly and Annual Financial Reporting and financial deliverables for MAPDs.
* Identifying Lean opportunities to further streamline the unit’s reporting hours to meet the team’s reduction goal.
* Implementing and monitoring of financial policies, procedures, rules and Financial Reporting Guide for Contractors and, where applicable, compliance in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Federal OMB requirements.
* Other duties as assigned as related to this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of AHCCCS/Administrative policies and procedures, AHCCCS rules, and Medicare and Medicaid cost and reimbursement guidelines
* Knowledge of health care programs and principles and models of prepaid health programs
* Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Federal OMB requirements
* Skills in financial statement review and analysis
* Skills in Excel, Access, and COGNOS
* Knowledge of accounting (including accounting systems and financial tracking systems), financial reporting, financial auditing techniques and practices, and financial analysis
* Strong ability to work independently
* Accounting degree
* Experience with managed health care programs
* Five years of experience with financial statement preparation or review and auditing experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.