Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Senior Business Analyst
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Business Analyst. The position will oversee the completion of requirements analysis, design, development, test review, and implementation of assigned tasks. Interacting, and working directly with users, peers, other technical staff, Agency management and other staff to fulfill business intelligence needs; to translate those data reporting needs and questions into technical specifications. This individual oversees the production of reports or views of the data based on the outlined and confirmed specifications. The Senior Analyst may also be asked to respond to requests for entities external to the Agency, and oversee and train other business analysts. This position has the potential to Telecommute based on the unit needs.
* Oversee and provide direction to non-senior business analysts in the business intelligence unit. This includes reviewing and providing guidance to staff on their work products, leading the team in the design and implementation of major development projects; designs applications (or approves design); and may oversees work of project team.
* Perform technical analysis and support related to Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes. Assisting non-senior business analysts with technical tasks. Perform complex analysis of computerized data analysis and reporting, often interacting with other technical teams.
* Develop and/or modify data extract and reporting programs of a high level of complexity. Perform data modeling and system tuning regarding BI tools. Prepare operating control language as required. Prepare and perform test data documentation, and forms.
* Create ad-hoc or standardized reports at the request of users. Ensure department standards and procedures are followed in all aspects of completed work assignments.
* Serve as expert resource and trainer to all staff that interact with the BI Unit. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the business area being worked upon and continue reviewing how that business function interacts with the other business functions that form the entire business process.
* Attends meetings/seminars within and outside the Agency with regard to responsibilities regarding data warehouse and reporting tools.
* Computer programming land methodologies
* Technical knowledge of Agency data reporting programs, operations and dependencies
* Medicaid/Medicare care programs and services
* Complete life cycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures
* Complex JCL coding procedures (or other operating control language required by the environment)
* Verbal and written communications
* Establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Minimum 5 years’ experience with broad based IT systems
* Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with data warehouses and business intelligence tools
* 1 year of experience in Medicaid and/or Medicare
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.