The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: 55,000 - 81,000
The Office of Inspector General is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a RICO Manager. The incumbent will act as a liaison between AHCCCS OIG, Budget, Accounting offices, and federal and state law enforcement entities. This position will manage the AHCCCS Office Of Inspector General's RICO budget, and will be responsible for Coordinating all Asset Forfeiture functions within OIG, Coordinating and reconciling funds with all state law enforcement agencies, Procurement, the Attorney's General, the United States Attorney's Office; and United States Marshall Services.
* Oversee and develop the Asset Forfeiture process, coordinating, reconciling and reporting all funds with AHCCCS Budget Office and the AZ Attorney's General Office, as well as US Marshall Services. Use AFIS to reconcile actual charged amounts to AZ Procure, as well as monies used to fund positions and Overtime functions.
* Maintain and track all of the OIG spending and track budget compliance and spending. Inspect account transactions and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
* Reconcile and close the gap between restitution, collections, and verifying funds have been applied correctly post deposit. Assist in identifying and processing request for write off of collections that have been determined to be non-collectable or a "Bad Debt" with the Performance Improvement and Audit Team, AHCCCS Council and AZ Attorney's General office.
* Examine, investigate and review records, reports, financial statements to conduct financial analysis on subjects net worth for case settlements. Prepare detailed reports on audit findings.
* Assist all Managers and staff in identifying criminal cases entitled to asset forfeiture funds. Attend restitution meetings with the Attorney's General office, AHCCCS council, Investigators and management. Advise Inspector General of all changes in all Federal and State requirements as it pertains to Asset Forfeiture/RICO funds.
* Create policy and standard operating procedures for staff to reference when dealing with cases that deal with Asset Forfeiture.
* Respond to audits and investigations concerning Asset Forfeiture and spending.
* Knowledge of Federal and state laws rules and regulations as it pertains to Law Enforcement and Asset Forfeiture/RICO funds, pending and reporting.
* Organizational and administrative procedures. Auditing methods and systems of generally accepted auditing standards, risk assessments, contract, and fiscal management. Principles of strategic planning, performance management.
* Arizona Revised Statutes.
* Skilled in Mathematical and computation skills, facilitation. Research methodologies, statistical sampling and quality assurance.
* Ability to work effectively with external auditors, such as Office of the Attorney's General, Auditor General, Accounting, Procurement, United Stated Attorney's Office, United States Marshall Services, and other Law Enforcement entities.
* Communicate effectively at all levels both written and orally.
* Ability to work and be productive in a virtual office setting
* 3-5 years of experience with federal and state law enforcement budgets as it pertains to RICO/Asset Forfeiture ; 3 to 5 years of experience with AZ Procure, the AHCCCS OIG budget spend plan, and AFIS reconciliations.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.