Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Research and Statistical Analyst
First Resume Review: 06/14/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Research and Statistical Analyst. This position conducts data extraction, interpretation and presentation for routine reports and special projects using COGNOS SPSS and SAS; Confers with project leaders to maintain schedules, ensure data Integrity, and resolve complex programming problems, modifies and designs various databases; Coordinates work efforts within the unit and department to conform to standard methods and procedures. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Designs methodology, extracts data, provides quality control for Ad Hoc and Routine reports for both internal and external stakeholder projects
* Performs complex data processing operations, performs standard and/or routine application programming
* Collaborates in the development and implementation of complex methodologies and extracts data to support divisional and departmental needs
* Performs ad hoc programming, develops and tests complex database queries for ad hoc and routine reporting
* Interfaces with other team members to analyze and design methodologies for complex data extraction from a variety of data sources
* Provides departmental support for data extraction methodology and protocols, quality assurance and database management
* Provides written and verbal communication regarding the structure and methodologies associated with data extraction, reporting and development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge working with various systems including COGNOS, SQL, SAS, SPSS, Microsoft Excel, and Word
* Demonstrated knowledge of research methods, including development, sampling techniques, statistical analysis and data quality/validation methods
* Knowledge of information systems analysis, design techniques, testing methodology, reporting writing methods, and data analysis techniques
* Knowledge of the public healthcare system with two to three years working in a managed care environment that includes behavioral health
* Ability to work independently and within a team setting and to multi-task in a face-paced environment including managing multiple data analysis projects
* Ability to comprehend, evaluate and implement complex data queries
* Ability to apply problem-solving skills sufficient to perform quality assurance analysis
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Systems or related degree and at least two years experience in computer programming
* Applicable direct job-related experience may substitute for degree
* One year experience in data collection methodologies
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.