The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $33,435 - $59,812
Closing Date: 11/14/2021
The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program Compliance Auditor 2 (Research Analyst) on the Interagency Liaison team within the Office of Eligibility Coordination & Oversight (OECO). This position will coordinate and provide system and policy assistance to eligibility staff, program contractors and other agencies to include DES and DCS. This position also includes managing a workload of elevated complex AHCCCS eligibility cases. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Examine and track unresolved records and provide reasons or clarifications. Document and consolidate records and summarize findings from special projects.
* Research and compiles data to resolve referrals from different sources. Prevent quality control errors by assisting in the correct determination of eligibility and enrollment.
* Manage a workload of complex cases and determine eligibility.
* Maintain a current understanding of policy and procedure in order to determine accurate eligibility determinations into special AHCCCS programs.
* This can be a Virtual Office position.
* Ability to analyze case records, conduct detailed research and interpret various forms of information.
* Ability to apply critical thinking techniques to solve complex problems.
* Effective verbal communication and analytical writing, organizational skills, and interpersonal relations as applied to contact with internal and external customers.
* Ability to manage a diverse workload by using effective time management practices.
* Two years of experience working as a Financial Eligibility Specialist (PSE 3) or at least one year working in a position that involved an understanding of eligibility policy and procedure and case research.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.