Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 04/07/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Research Analyst. This position will be responsible for planning and managing research projects, related to the design, implementation, analysis and reporting of medical audits, quality indicators, studies, performance measures, clinical and utilization management studies for DHCM. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide technical assistance on various projects such as the outcome of UR/QA and claim detail reports, performance measures, immunization audits, annual medical audits and other ongoing projects
* Develop spreadsheets, tables and graphs for various projects
* Identify, develop and request specific data related to internal and external projects and studies. Analyze and interpret data for inclusion in various reports and projects.
* Provide basis analysis and interpretation of outcome for reports and projects
* Participate in departmental and agency meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated experience in written analyses and interpretation of information gathered for the various research projects.
* Demonstrated knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS, HEDIS coding manuals and PMMIS user reference manual
* Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in mainframe data systems, statistics, health field and management
* Ability to analyze, review and evaluate data file activities.
* Working experience in the concepts and techniques of data processing, research and statistical analysis methods; data collection systems; concepts of program planning and design; familiarity with computer programming; medical data collection and medical terminology
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written
* Knowledge of State and Federal policies and procedures governing Title XIX, Title XXI, Managed Care, LTC and Tribal
* At least one year working in a managed care environment
* Experience with COGNOS
* Experience working with HEDIS and other standardized quality measurement tools
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.