Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
QUALITY MANAGEMENT NURSE
Apply By: 12/12/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as Public Health Nurse Consultant (QM Opioid Nurse). This position will be responsible to assist the Quality Manager to implement and monitor new and existing opioid strategies, develop and oversee strategies to apply the existing opioid strategies for American Indians and Alaskan Natives. This position builds collaboration with stakeholders for implementation, conducts quality investigations, health and safety investigations and identifies and addresses barriers to quality care for Fee-For-Service members.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Participate in the development, administration, organization, planning, implementing, and monitoring programs, projects, processes, policies and procedures related to opioid for Fee-For-Service (FFS).
* Perform research and data analysis related to the opioid strategies, including tracking and trending of health & safety/immediate jeopardy situations involving FFS members.
* Develops and maintains reporting processes and metrics including LEAN principles and activities.
* Coordinate data, participate in on-site review and coordinate member movement as necessary in the event of serious incidents, health & safety and immediate jeopardy situation involving FFS members, coordinating with other state agencies including Arizona Department of Health Services Licensure, Adult Protective Services, Department Child Safety, as applicable.
* Participates in the monitoring and oversight processes of FFS providers, including opioid research and data analysis, investigation, provides technical assistance, and tracking and trending of quality of care concerns and health & safety/immediate jeopardy situations involving FFS providers.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Must hold a license as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner
* Knowledge of American Indian Tribes/ FFS Programs, Policies, and Intergovernmental Agreements
* Strong interpersonal skills in working with agency management, and people of diverse cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds; project management to meet goals and deadlines.
* Strong ability to collaborate with others for mutually beneficial outcome to make effective decisions in a high volume fast faced environment; and strong organizational skills for setting priorities, workload and record keeping.
* Knowledge of current standards of medical/behavioral practice and modes of delivery for acute and non-acute medical/behavioral care/services.
* Skilled in nursing and clinical processes including assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
* Ability to read, interpret and apply complex rules and regulations.
* Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality. At least one year professional healthcare industry experience in Quality or Utilization Management.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.