QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR - IT
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR - IT
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
QA Supervisor - IT
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Quality Assurance Supervisor. The Arizona HealthCare Cost Containment System ISD Division is seeking a Supervisor for the ISD Test team. This position will work under the direction of the Manager of Quality Assurance and Configuration. The Test / QA Supervisor will exercise direct supervision over Test staff, manage workflow and commitments, partner with Development Supervisors on work cadence planning, ensure high quality code is tested and approved into production and manage test environments used by internal staff and end users. The successful candidate will be responsible for timely delivery of projects, metrics, performance management and the upskill and development of staff.
* The QA(Test) Supervisor will coordinate and manage daily activities of a test team. Supervisor will negotiate work from other departments into the test team queue, assign work, initiate planning activities and monitor progress.
* The QA(Test) Supervisor will analyze incoming work and team output; provide input on test plans / cases, provide coaching and constructive feedback to team members to ensure consistency and quality in deliverables.
* The QA (Test) Supervisor will lead efforts defining large or cross system testing efforts and lead team in analysis, documentation and execution of various testing i.e. integration, system and UAT.
* The QA (Test) Supervisor will be responsible for writing / administering reviews, coaching for performance and monitoring progress to goals and standards.
* The QA (Test) Supervisor will collaborate across business units, IT Supervisors and other Stakeholders and Management to devise integrated test strategies, define KPI’s, project scope, risks, assumptions as input to AHCCCS / ISD initiatives.
* The QA (Test) Supervisor will develop talent, upskill testers and provide direct feedback on progress and goals holding individuals accountable for commitments and standards.
* Experience with desktop & web based applications, standard operating systems, commercial third party applications and other computer related protocols.
* Skilled in supervising and coaching staff to uplift skills, knowledge and technical capabilities. Identifies required resources, trains, schedules and monitors staff for effective use of resources.
* Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others ideas and tries new things; creates and fosters lines of communication that help multiple teams to identify solutions; put systems and processes in place to ensure all relevant information is shared consistently.
* Understand and anticipate needs and priorities of internal and external customers. Demonstrates ability to resolve incidents, / problems efficiently and effectively, recognizing customers’ competence level appropriately.
* Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits feedback to improve services; meets commitments; defines immediate and long-term goals and priorities that are aligned with the organization.
* Delivers metrics to drive continuous improvement and highlight test team progress on projects
* Demonstrates ability to synthesize feedback and adjust accordingly.
* Advocates changes that provide value and support agency goals; champions a cohesive and consistent approach to improvement in the organization.
* Experience managing staff to written objectives, providing coaching and feedback, staffing for new test positions, developing teams for new technologies, practices and long term skill uplift.
* 5+ years relevant experience in formal testing methodology
* Experience in testing mainframe environments / tools such as: COBOL, CONTROL-M, TSO, JCL.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.