Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
QA Tester IT
First Resume Review: 05/23/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a QA Tester. This position reviews and reports simple test results and participates in production verification and validation. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Participates in creating test plans, test data, procedures and test cases for manual and/or automated test scripts for assigned projects.
* Executes manual and/or automated test scripts for simple projects.
* Reviews and analyzes Business Requirements and Technical Design to determine scope of testing needed.
* Identifies and communicates test issues / defects on simple test results.
* Responds to requests for service and assistance. Participates in production verification and validation.
* Participates in user requirement gathering, product design, and testability of products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* General working knowledge of software development processes including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
* General knowledge of quality assurance and testing tools and processes
* Basic quality assurance skills
* Ability to develop and write technical documentation
* Demonstrated ability to execute prescribed testing using established procedures and tools
* 2 years’ experience in formal software QA role using test execution and reporting tools
* Experience in analytical and requirements decomposition practices and system / integration testing, documentation & implementation
* Prefer knowledge of Business area, procedure, policies and practices
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.