QA ANALYST (IT)
QA ANALYST (IT)
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
QA Analyst (IT)
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Closing Date: 11/10/2021
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a QA Analyst (IT). This position is responsible for the testing of complex systems/processes, undertaking analysis, design, and planning, and has a broader knowledge of different kinds of workstation administration, agency computer systems and programs. This position requires technical analysis and design capabilities. An employee in this position is expected to make independent decisions on organizing and completing projects and the methods appropriate to the work. This position focuses more on analysis, design, planning, and performing life-cycle tasks regarding system testing, analysis, documentation, and implementation for both new systems and for modification of existing systems. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Preparation of Test Plans both manual and automate.
* Performs User Acceptance testing and/or Regression testing of automated system changes to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of expected output/outcome.
* Uses knowledge of both the business area and applications to analyze impact of user requirements on programs; develops and executes system tests.
* Performs tasks in various forms of testing (including system test) implemented within the software development (test) life-cycle; performs full-system life-cycle tasks including analysis, testing, documentation, and implementation for both new systems and for modification of existing systems.
* Assist staff with technical questions.
* Attend various meetings; staff meetings, management meetings, meeting with programmers, etc.
* Other duties as assigned.
* User Acceptance Test Procedures, Test Plan Development and Standards for Documentation.
* Technical skills for preparation of test scenarios and system evaluation.
* Quality assurance skills to ensure effectiveness of final product.
* Organizational skills for project and day to day coordination.
* Oral and written communication skills for effective communication.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
* AHCCCS Policy regarding Medicaid coverage and eligibility/LTC Policy and Procedures.
* Automated Information System Design and Functions.
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.