Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Provider and Compliance Auditor
Apply by: 04/17/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of Inspector General is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Provider and Compliance Auditor. This position will report to an Audit Supervisor in the AHCCCS Office of the Inspector General (OIG). This position will be responsible for auditing providers and Health Plans; providing technical assistance; working interdependently and in a team environment. This individual will be working with Providers, Health Plans, and internal staff to obtain required documentation, process information, and generate required reports and correspondence. This position will also require participation in all Arizona Management System (AMS) activities. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conduct internal and external Audits in all aspects of the OIG to ensure compliance and integrity with program requirements.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data to effectively communicate the audit results
* Coordinate activities with Federal and State regulations, contracts, policies, and guidelines to ensure compliance.
* Research and understand Federal and State Statutes pertaining to AHCCCS and Medicaid.
* Interact with internal and external customers at various levels, providing guidance and technical assistance as needed.
* Exhibit oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate; Produce high level reports and correspondence for internal and external customers.
* Assist in the development of internal and external Audit processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of research, written and verbal communications, government process experience related to auditing, process improvement, Medicaid or behavioral health, data collection/metrics, medical coding/billing and encounters, reconciling records
* The auditor must have knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices in accordance with the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), data validation and analysis, and audit processes
* Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate data, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, conduct multiple audits and tasks, perform accurate and timely work with minimal supervision, take initiative.
* Work in a team environment. Plan, summarize, and analyze large amount of complex information and data. Present information in a clear and concise fashion into formal reporting documents.
* Skilled in research, mathematics, data analysis, problem solving, computer skills that include Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Written and verbal communication.
* BA in a Health Care related field and/or 2-3 years of work experience related in an Analytics, Auditing, Health Care, or Medical Coding. Strong computer skills, understanding the importance of data collections in accordance with the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS)
* At least one year experience working in a managed care environment
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678 . Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.