Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Project Manager 1
First Resume Review: 03/10 /2020
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The newly established Division of Community Advocacy & Intergovernmental Relations (DCAIR) ensures Health Plan and Program Contractors’ resolution of consumer affairs and human rights issues and compliance with related aspects of their contracts. The DCAIR is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Manager 1. This position will manage strategic planning of division projects and initiatives including federal relations, tribal relations and communications. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage strategic planning of DCAIR projects, initiatives and internal support needs.
* Provide leadership, direction and oversight of cross-agency projects and initiatives that include participation from agency divisions and AHCCCS Executive staff.
* Lead, participate and coordinate meetings with internal and external attendees to achieve completion of project coordination and assignments.
* Prepare statistical and narrative reports, special studies, presentations, research projects and development of recommendations and educational material.
* Deliver presentations to AHCCCS management and/or community stakeholders as required.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position (typically 5% - 10%)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Principles and practices of project and strategic plan development, processes and procedures.
* Comprehensive knowledge of health care industry/ managed care policy planning, research, product development, program planning/ management/evaluation.
* Excellent internal and external/networking relations, community capacity building/development and ability to develop strategic collaborative.
* Develop, organize, coordinate and evaluate complex issues related to project planning and management in a political environment.
* Interpret laws, rules, and regulations governing the assigned program areas.
* The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills. Three to five years project management experience and/or managerial experience in the design, development and administration of managed healthcare programs. A Masters in public health, public administration or health-related field may substitute for one year of required experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.