Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 03/11/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Coordinator. This position will provide project management support for the Targeted Investment (TI) program. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide general support to the Targeted Investments project manager and other divisions’ staff engaged in the Targeted Investments program design and implementation activities
* Tabulation and analysis of TI participants’ performance measures and attestations; Assist with preparation of reports to DHCM. Assist the TI project manager with managing the TI participant data base, including processing participants’ change of status
* Serve as one of the first line responders to participants’ questions (TI email box); coordination/response to technical questions from participants
* Assist with project work plan updates and meeting notetaking
* Assist with administration and coordination of the TI web page content including FAQs updates. Assist with other public facing communication
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (strong knowledge of Excel a must) and project management tools
* Knowledge of the health care delivery system
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to organize and coordinate a wide range of project issues
* Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
* Knowledge of basic data management
* Knowledge of the AHCCCS structure and systems
* Three years of experience in project management, health care administration or public administration
* Bachelor’s degree in a public health, public administration or health related field
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.