Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Project Coordinator - IT
First Resume Review: 05/22/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Coordinator. This position will lead minor projects, coordinating efforts of others within ISD and with other divisions of the agency, agency vendors, and other state agencies as needed. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Write and edit project documentation, including Advanced Planning Documents (APD), Project Investment Justifications (PIJ), project budgets, project schedule, and technical and logical diagrams
* Work to the greatest extent possible to improve policies, processes and procedures to eliminate waste as part of our Continuous Improvement efforts
* Track, analyze and report project status for major information technology projects
* Communicate with other state and federal agencies to facilitate approval and monitoring of agency information technology projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of information system technology, including healthcare information systems, systems analysis and design/development methodologies, project management, data security practices
* Analysis and evaluation skills, including planning, project estimating, budgeting, problem solving, and oral and written communication
* Ability to lead and facilitate teams, prioritization and organization
* Personal computer and common business applications, network and work-flow diagramming. Business math, interpersonal relations, research, project organization and project schedule management
* Ability to organize concurrent deliverables, resolve issues through problem solving and troubleshooting
* Knowledge of principles of budgeting and accounting, state and federal regulations as they relate to information technology and information privacy and security
* Four year Bachelor’s degree in English, Finance or IT-related field preferred; Associate’s degree with relevant work experience acceptable
* Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) desired
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.