Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Program Specialist - Suicide Prevention
First Resume Review: 03/11/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a part-time Program Specialist - Suicide Prevention. This position will work with the Suicide Prevention Program Coordinator to support Project AWARE and will be responsible for coordinating Project Aware efforts with the Arizona Department of Education. This is a Grant funded part-time (.5) position. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coordination of behavioral health trainings for educators with Arizona Department of Education colleagues to include development of partnerships with schools and education leaders statewide
* Advocacy of suicide prevention trainings
* Reporting of grant objectives and outcomes to include writing reports related to the grant funding
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of suicide prevention strategies/methodologies
* Skilled with coordination of large-scale projects
* Knowledge of At-risk populations
* Skilled in the management of federal grant responsibilities, including budgets, grant reporting
* Strong skills with public speaking and facilitating meetings
* Demonstrated knowledge of the Arizona school system
* Ability to create strategic plans
* Bachelor degree in a health related field
* Masters in public health or experience suicide prevention/public health (schools) efforts at local and or state level
* A plus but not required: Bilingual either Spanish or one of Arizona’s tribal languages
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.