Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 01/17/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Procurement Technician, Grade 19. This position is part of the Purchasing team responsible for processing purchase orders in accordance with State Procurement Code, AHCCCS Policies and Procedures. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Providing effective quality customer service to internal and external customers
* Purchasing goods and services in accordance with State of Arizona Procurement Codes and Agency Policy and Procedures
* Working independently in a collaborative team-oriented environment
* Representing the Purchasing Unit in a professional manner at all times
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Computer literacy, including Microsoft Window applications, Excel and Word, as well as Google Suite
* State of Arizona Procurement Portal system and/or ability to learn functionality
* Knowledge of State of Arizona Procurement Code
* Knowledge purchasing various commodities and services
* Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
* General business knowledge, including writing, accounting and mathematics
* Ability to identify problems, assess situations and make well thought out recommendations on the resolution of problems
* The preferred candidate will have two years in the purchasing field preferably in a procurement setting.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.