Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) Coordinator
First Resume Review: 05/20/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a PASRR Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to implement the PASRR program for Arizona residents admitted to a skilled nursing facility. This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing the PASRR Program and for interpreting Federal and State rules and regulations. This position also supports the Medical Management Unit as needed. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coordinate and monitor the processing of PASRR referrals and evaluations. Maintain and modify the PASRR database to monitor and track clients.
* Receive and review payment for Level II evaluations.
* Train and provide technical assistance to internal staff and Contractor staff.
* Interpret Federal and State rules and regulations. Develop and monitor program policy and procedure to ensure conformance with federal and state laws, and all legal mandates.
* Resolve discrepancies and general problem solving regarding PASRR Program e.g., appeals, grievances.
* Maintain client records and referrals.
* Attend meetings, seminars and conferences related to program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations. Local, state and federal program resources. Statewide hospitals and nursing facilities.
* Knowledge of medical and psychiatric terminology. PASRR, department policy and procedures.
* Knowledge of record maintenance and report development methodology.
* Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Including listening, interviewing and eliciting information to support program objectives.
* Skilled in program planning, development and monitoring.
* Demonstrated written and oral communication.
* Review, evaluate, plan and organize health program activities and establish priorities.
* At least two-three years’ experience working in a managed care program.
* Working experience using Microsoft software (Word, Excel, etc.).
* Knowledge of State and Federal policies and procedure governing Medicaid and Medicare.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.