Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Apply by: 11/17/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Policy Analyst in the Office of Policy, Training and Appeals. This position will analyze, develop and maintain policy, procedures, forms and notices for staff who make eligibility determinations and provide clarification to policy. The Policy Analyst will review advanced legal documents related to the eligibility determination process and will work with the division and DES staff to evaluate and test policy and related systems. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Research and interpret manuals, laws, statutes, rules, codes and regulations in order to make decisions and provide written policy clarifications. Respond to policy clarification requests from internal and external sources.
* Research, compile and analyze data impacted by proposed and actual changes in federal and state laws and regulations related to eligibility policies and procedures, forms, notices and division operations.
* Develop, test and publish policy and procedure content and manuals (web tools) to support eligibility determination process for the Medicaid and the CHIP program, subject to the guidelines and regulations set forth by superiors, laws and regulations.
* Lead, contribute to and/or participate on training, Arizona Management System (lean) and system development/ enhancement teams.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
* This position may allow the incumbent to work from a Virtual Office site (work from home).
* As part of the selection process, candidates will receive an email request to complete writing exercise within a required timeframe.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Experience with interpreting, evaluating, researching and problem solving.
* Knowledge of SharePoint, Word and Google (advanced formatting, tracking changes, use of field codes).
* Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State rules and regulations governing the Medicaid (Title XIX), CHIP (Title XXI) programs and AHCCCS Databases.
* Knowledge of technical writing principles.
* As part of the selection process, candidates will receive an email request to complete writing exercise within a required timeframe
* 3 years of experience in a Medicaid program with skills that include determining Medicaid financial eligibility; OR 3 years of experience in editing, technical writing and/or graphic design; computer assistance; management and project development; and data or situational analysis.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.