Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
OOD Project Manager
First resume review: 01/14/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Manager. This position will maintain a portfolio that includes project management, coordination and oversight of multiple cross-divisional projects and initiatives that includes participation from agency divisions and the AHCCCS Executive Staff. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide leadership, direction and oversight of special projects and initiatives for the agency. Develop, manage, and implement operational frameworks and infrastructure for AHCCCS special projects and initiatives. Necessary tasks or responsibilities might include, but are not limited to: project management; budget analyses; scope and time line development; risk assessment and mitigation; project team meeting participation; project-related research and evaluation plans; policy and procedures development
* Lead, participate and coordinate meetings with internal and external attendees to achieve completion of project coordination and assignments
* Preparation of statistical and narrative reports, special studies, presentation, research projects, concept papers and development of recommendations
* Develop and maintain timely agenda’s minutes, work-plans, decision trackers and management of project related emails for assigned projects
* Make presentation to AHCCCS management and/or others as required
* Utilize principles from Lean and the Arizona Management System
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of project and strategic plan development, processes, procedures, and related tools
* Strong ability to develop, organize, coordinate and evaluate complex issues and assess the political environment to inform project planning and management
* Knowledge of AHCCCS core business processes, goals, agency funding structure and programs and ability to apply to programming
* Possess strong work leadership and work management skills in the resolution of complex problems
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially on multifaceted agency issues
* Ability to develop a work plan and anticipate all work steps including potential issues and risks; ability to assess when potential issues and risks should be elevated
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects, keeping on task and meeting deadlines
* Five years project management experience and/or managerial experience in the design, development and administration of managed health care programs
* Masters in project management, public health, public administration, or health related field may substitute for one year of the required experience
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.