Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Manager of Strategic Initiatives
Apply By: 11/24/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as Manager of Strategic Initiatives. This position manages strategic planning of Division of Fee For Service Management (DFSM) projects and initiatives. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop and implement DFSM projects and initiatives.
* Provide leadership, direction and oversight of cross-agency projects and initiatives that include participation from agency divisions and AHCCCS Executive staff.
* Lead, participate and coordinate meetings with internal and external attendees to achieve completion of project coordination and assignments.
* Prepare Statistical and narrative reports, special studies, presentations, research projects, concept/white papers and development of recommendations.
* Make presentation to AHCCCS management and/or others as required.
* Effectively present ideas, recommendations or solutions to Leadership.
* Knowledge of AHCCCS core business processes, goals and understanding of the health care delivery system.
* Strong ability to develop, organize, coordinate and evaluate complex issues related to project planning, management and political environment.
* Strong skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and strong interpersonal relations with all levels of internal and external stakeholders; ability to leverage partnerships, work with differing opinions, steer others toward solutions and bring about compromise and consensus.
* Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, especially on multifaceted division-wide issues and ability to facilitate meetings with a wide variety of audiences.
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects, keeping on task and meeting deadlines; ability to develop a work plan and anticipate all work steps including potential issues and risks; and ability to assess when potential issues and risks should be elevated.
* Superior organizational skills, ability to use a variety of tools including, but not limited to Gantt charts, decision matrices, and risk assessments.
* The ideal candidate will have three to five years project management experience and/or managerial experience in the design, development and administration of healthcare programs.
* A Master’s degree in public health, public administration or health-related field may substitute for one year of required experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.