The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $33,435 - $43,500
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Management Analyst. This position will be responsible for testing, auditing and analyzing encounter and health plan data using qualitative analysis; developing analytical procedures and manuals as required, etc.
* Test, analyze, design, develop, modify and implement projects related to existing, new and proposed Agency encounter and health plan system policies and procedures
* Monitor and evaluate procedures to assure conformance and integrity of projects
* Consult with and provide technical assistance to appropriate agency personnel on current and proposed policies and programs
* Develop simulation models to estimate the effect of modifying and improving encounter system programs, based on interpretation of federal and state policies related to AHCCCS
* Communicate verbally, and in writing to the Encounter Manager, the results of administrative and technical analysis of existing, new and proposed enhancements to AHCCCS Encounter System. Prepare technical and administrative reports for Executive Management
* Represent Agency at meetings with other governmental agencies and community groups
* Demonstrated experience in systems and programs in capitated health care and in AHCCCS, and of their purposes and variations in form, structure and content
* Knowledge in the claims/encounter/behavioral health processing principles, concepts and industry practices
* Extracting, compiling, analyzing, evaluating, synthesizing and presenting information in support of project objectives
* Skilled in the use and evaluation of computerized tools for database maintenance
* Project design, planning and development
* Ability to communicate orally and written with all levels of professionals and to work independently with little supervision
* Ability to calculate basic statistics; proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
* Experience with Cognos
* At least one year experience working in a managed care environment
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.