Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 11/04/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Management Analyst-3. This position is in the Third Party Liability (TPL) Recovery Section. The TPL Section is a small section comprised of highly specialized staff responsible for ensuring agency compliance with state and federal third party collection and estate recovery requirements. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* This position monitors the TPL Contractor to ensure contract compliance and ensuring all deliverables are completed timely.
* This position researches, analyzes and interprets complex legal requirements, including federal and state rules and statutes that govern TPL and coordination of benefits.
* This position provides systems and technical training in regards to areas of TPL and coordination of benefits.
* This position conducts ongoing case reviews and evaluations to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
* This position reviews and prepares a variety of monthly TPL reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with others to ensure that complex, sensitive and confidential policies and issues are handled in a positive and productive manner.
* Ability to express technical information in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing
* Experience with electronic billing and claims systems and general accounting.
* Ability to manage time and maintain organized accurate records.
* Experience with Microsoft office, Word, Excel, Access, and Google email and calendar
* Preference to have experience in understanding and utilizing an electronic case management tracking system.
* Experience with AHCCCS and its PMMIS systems
* At least one year experience with a Medicaid Estate Recovery Program or a Medicaid agency
* At least four years work experience in insurance, healthcare claims, contract compliance, auditing, or legal environment.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.