Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
FIRST REVIEW 05/07/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an undergraduate Intern. This position will offer a student a period of practical experience in the administrative health care industry relating to their field of study. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work closely with DFSM staff, stakeholders, and other departments to obtain necessary information to successfully complete assigned projects.
* Support Lean initiatives and outcomes by modeling lean behaviors in the course of completing tasks as assigned.
* Provide support to other areas of the division as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Basic understanding of Google applications and Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong ability to research, analyze, interpret and communicate data in an understandable and effective manner.
* Excellent reading, comprehension, organizational, time management and strong writing skills.
* Ability to work well with others.
* Must be in undergraduate program with completion of the following courses: health care management, general business, business management, creative writing, computer information systems and/or applied statistics.
* Must have strong written and oral communication
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.