ARIZONA HEALTH CARE COST CONTAINMENT SYSTEM Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Resume Review: 09/30/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
Job Summary The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a State Government Intern in our Finance Unit. Under the leadership of the Finance Administrator and the Reinsurance & Financial Reporting Manager, the major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop some COGNOS queries to assist in the validation of data/information, for example, Contractors’ self-reported revenue and member months.
* Develop, implement and test various automated Excel, MS Access or COGNOS queries to monitor and summarize Contractors’ financial information.
* Assist with the Unit’s LEAN objective of process improvement by automating (either developing Excel macros or MS access databases) and writing the desk level procedures for the new processes.
* Develop other desk level procedures.
* Update weekly Finance Huddle Board metrics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs): * Demonstrated experience in Excel and/or MS Access
* Familiar with financial statements
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and see project through to completion.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of professionals both orally and written.
Selective Preference * Above average computer skills in Excel and MS Access
* Some experience with decision support software such as Business Objects or COGNOS
* Enrolled in an undergraduate program with completion of the following courses: Accounting 101, General Business and Computer Software.
Benefits At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application. For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.
Please apply for this position by following the link provided below. A new window will open on your screen and you will be directed to the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) employment website.