Integrated Care Manager
Integrated Care Manager
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Integrated Care Manager
Salary: $90,000 - $95,000
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Integrated Care Manager. The position will be responsible for assisting the Integrated Care Administrator with the leadership of the DHCM System of Care team as well as supporting the Agency in advancing AHCCCS' clinical and quality strategies, improving the integrated care delivery system, and monitoring programmatic and contract functions for the adult systems of care, including COE/COT and justice coordination.
* Lead Crisis system work group and other work related to engagement of crisis providers. Manage grants and programs related to crisis services. Lead development of crisis policies and refinement of crisis delivery system (e.g. Competitive Contract Expansion). Provider monitoring and oversight of crisis vendor contract and related deliverables.
* Provide technical assistance and support to internal staff, MCOs, providers and other stakeholders related to clinical issues and programmatic implementation of integrated care services and Adult Systems of Care services including but not limited to COE/COT, crisis, justice support, care transitions, evaluation tools (e.g. LOCUS and ASAM) and supportive services (e.g. housing, Social Determinants of Health).
* Lead policy and programmatic development efforts related to new treatment modalities, community-based supports, and other initiatives as appropriate. Develop and maintain adult clinical guidance tools.
* Lead staff to achieve outlined goals and completion of quality work products. Support implementation/maintenance of AMS principles and activities within the Unit. Provide coaching, 1:1s, and actively problem solve with staff as needed.
* Participate in Agency and Community-based meetings. Prepare written and verbal responses to meet the needs/requests of stakeholders.
* Provide oversight to the Psychiatric Services Review Board (PSRB) activities and release of AHCCCS members. Actively engage with the Arizona State Hospital (ASH) and other stakeholders regarding processes and services related to PSRB.
* Track and trend the continuum of overlapping issues between crisis, COE/COT, and justice involvement. Work with other Agency staff and/or MCOs to monitor provider outcomes for specialized services (e.g. Secured BHRF, new legislative initiatives).
* Clinical expertise in the delivery of behavioral health services and programs, including SMI rules and crisis services
* Knowledge of Arizona Public Behavioral Health system, including AHCCCS/Administrative policies and procedures
* Principles and practices of program planning; assessment skills; Child Family Team (CFT) and Adult Recovery Team(ART) models, and mechanisms of managed (prepaid) health care systems; preventative health practices; organization of health care systems and current trends that affect the systems, and research methodology and process
* Interpreting existing and new rules, laws and agency policy pertaining to the delivery of behavioral health services
* Monitoring policies and procedures that result in integrated behavioral health services with physical health care services, and/or enhance existing processes to achieve better outcomes
* Lead and engage a team of professionals
* Understand and communicate data/health analytics
* Five years clinical and programmatic experience in behavioral health service delivery systems including experience in a public managed care environment
* A licensed clinical social worker (LCSW)
* Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner with Psychiatric-Mental Health specialty or a Master's or higher degree in a behavioral health or health related field
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.