The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $33,435 - $47,500
The Office of Administrative Legal Services (OALS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as the Intake Unit Supervisor. This position is responsible for the Intake Unit's compliance with federal Medicaid grievance system regulations and the state's administrative review process.
* Supervising staff responsible for scheduling hearings for health plan, provider and eligibility member cases. Evaluating work flow, training staff, recommending work assignments, and organizing direct reports assignments to meet the changing agency needs. Coordinating process improvements and recommending action to improve operating efficiency.
* Attending hearings to represent AHCCCS Administration at the Office of Administrative Hearings and preparing and issuing legally sound and accurate Notices of Decision to notify parties of findings.
* Generating and producing reports for Executive Management to support the Agency's compliance with federal Medicaid grievance system regulations and the state's administrative review process.
* Providing training, support and database (ProLaw) guidance to OALS staff as needed.
* Serving as the division liaison for wellness groups, to the Office of the Director's Lean Project Manager, and integrating lean principles throughout the division.
* Must have knowledge of and ability to apply principles and practices of administration and management; agency and program rules, regulations and operating procedures; business law as it relates to contracts, grants and other agreements.
* Must have knowledge of and ability to apply workflow and process improvement theories and tools, training concepts, quality control procedures. and process workflow design.
* Must have effective communication, interpersonal and training skills
* Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite
* Must be able to analyze and coordinate activities to meet established timelines, adjust to changing priorities, and multi-task.
* 2 years admin experience, including supervisory experience, equivalent to or above the Administrative Assistant 3 level in fields such as legal support, AHCCCS programs, government/program compliance, application and compliance with federal regulations and state statutes
* Demonstrated knowledge and work experience with ProLaw
* Degree or education in the area of health care management, legal, business or public administration
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.