Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER - E-LEARNING
Review Date: 10/28/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of Organizational Development & Learning, a unit within Human Resources and Development, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Instructional Designer. This position assists the agency with developing and implementing a "grow talent from within" strategy which strives to ensure that talented employees have significant (and visible) roles, skilled managers and mentors; and a voice in their own developmental trajectory and "next assignments". Additionally, this position will conduct team building activities, deliver training curriculum and conduct research. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Utilize needs assessments and other business analysis tools to identify critical learning and development opportunities
* Develop appropriate training materials
* Implement and evaluate a wide range of talent development programs.
* Develop employee workshops in the areas of workforce development and succession planning tools.
* Provide solutions to addressing areas of need.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Experience with organizational development theories and with practice and organizational development methodologies
* Demonstrated experience in training development
* eLearning design and development
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated emotional intelligence across all business functions.
* Demonstrated experience in analyzing a situation and recommending appropriate approaches
* eLearning software - Captivate
* Bachelor of Science in business, organizational leadership, training and development, human resources, or a related field, and 2 - 4 years of experience.
* Professional certification in organizational development or related field and 5 or more years of experience.
* Executive leadership experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.