Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Information Security Architect
First Resume Review: 02/21/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Information Security Architect. This position will be responsible for ensuring AHCCCS meets and exceeds all cyber security frameworks which we are responsible to meet.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Ensure compliance of NIST, ISO, MARS-E, and other agency cyber security standards.
* Develops and maintains the Information Security planning process and documentation for AHCCCS
* Participate in internal and external audits relating to cyber security
* Participate and represent AHCCCS in security meetings and conferences
* Implements and interprets policies, directives and procedures
* Participate in the security review and design for any new products or updates to AHCCCS systems
* Leads forensic efforts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Thorough working knowledge of information security technologies, industry trends, and best practices in the areas of risk assessments, compliance and vulnerability management.
* Considerable knowledge of specific information protection standards (HIPAA, CGIS, IRS, etc).
* Mastery of cybersecurity framework standards (NIST, ISO, etc)
* Strong skill in documentation
* Demonstrated ability to architect, build, and implement large information security systems
* Ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
* Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
* Bachelor’s degree plus 10 or more years of experience in information security systems engineering, architecture and design (or equivalent experience)
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.