INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Governance, Risk, and Compliance Analyst
Salary: $46,000 - $51,000
Closing Date: 7/30/2021
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a GRC Analyst. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist with the system-wide information security compliance program, ensuring IT activities, processes, and procedures to meet defined requirements, policies and regulations.
* Help develop and implement effective and reasonable policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data and ensure information security and compliance with relevant legislation and legal interpretation.
* Help execute strategy for dealing with increasing number of audits, compliance checks and external assessment processes for internal/external auditors, MARS-E 2.0, HIPAA, NIST 800-53, and more.
* Inform on the development and implementation of the system-wide risk management function of the information security program to ensure information security risks are identified and monitored.
* Internally assess, evaluate and helps make recommendations to management regarding the adequacy of the security controls for the agency’s information and technology systems.
* Help coordinate and track all information technology and security related audits including scope of audits, parties involved, timelines, auditing agencies and outcomes. Work with auditors as appropriate to keep audit focus in scope, maintain excellent relationships with audit entities and provide a consistent perspective that continually puts the agency in its best light. Provide guidance, evaluation and advocacy on audit responses.
* 1-3 years of advanced IT skills with basic level of information security experience and expertise.
* Knowledge of information security risk management frameworks and compliance practices.
* Knowledge of securing network technologies, client, and server operating systems.
* Understanding of common security standards and regulations relating to a higher education environment (e.g., PCI DSS, NIST 800-53, ISO2700x, etc.)
Must have a basic understanding of laws and guidelines affecting healthcare entities in the following areas:
o Protected Health Information (PHI)
o Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
o Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Regulations (CMS)
o Federal Regulations
o State Regulations
* Bachelor’s degree in information technology or other related field
* Information security experience in higher education or state/local government
* Skills in documenting risk and compliance activities
* Familiarity performing information security audits or risk assessments
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.