INFO SECURITY ARCHITECT
INFO SECURITY ARCHITECT
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Network Security Engineer
Salary: $85,000 - $90,000
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as the Information Security Architect. As the Information Security Architect, you will be helping to secure the data of over 2.1+ million members. You will need to be able to work with emerging technology, adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment, and use experience to understand and meet the needs of both our members and internal customers.
* Ensures compliance of NIST, ISO, MARS-E and other standards AHCCCS is required to follow
* Leads forensic efforts
* Participates in audits and assessments
* Proactively solve complex problems
* Analyze and design enterprise information security systems and services
* Implements and interprets polices, directives and procedures
* Develops and maintains the Information Security planning process
* Thorough working knowledge of information security technologies, industry trends and best practices in the areas of risk assessment, compliance and vulnerability management
* Considerable knowledge of specific information protection standards (HIPAA, MARS-E, etc)
* Mastery with concepts of ISO27000, NIST 800 and other security standards
* Excellent customer service skills
* Expert troubleshooting skills
* Demonstrated ability to architect, build and implement large information security systems
* Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
* Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years of experience in information security systems engineering, architecture, and design preferred.
Valid Arizona Driver's license
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.