Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
HR PARAPROFESSIONAL SENIOR
First Resume Review: 09/04/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Human Resources and Development is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a HR Paraprofessional Senior. The HR Paraprofessional Senior represents the first point of contact for internal and external customers and is responsible for providing professional customer service; support to all aspects of the Human Resources & Development Division. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Maintain tracking logs and produce reports for assigned areas of oversight to ensure compliance and integrity of data such as: HRIS Report Writer, Data Warehouse Supervisor Link Report, and Filled Positions Report.
* Assist with on-boarding /off boarding process to include delivering presentations, new hire packets, security clearance check scheduling, fingerprinting, I-9 verification, processing and new hire surveys. E-mail ADOA term employee information to send the exit survey link. Schedule exit interviews for employees separating.
* Meet, greet, assist and direct internal and external customers contacting HRD in person or via phone or e-mail.
* Oversee the Capitol Rideshare Programs. IRME (unemployment insurance verifications), & other assigned programs. Assist with benefits administration, including enrollment, change reporting and employee communication.
* Tracking of personnel actions requests into the new hire tracking log (new hires, etc.). View & update HRIS. Retrieve AZ Performs/MAP scores for file reviews. Responsible for managing all aspects of the personnel file room to include daily filing, archiving files, leading internal compliance review audits, personnel file review requests, organization of files and file room.
* Office support such as: time stamp incoming mail, distribution of daily mail, primary gatekeeper for faxes, maintain a professional & organized office environment, update the Google events calendar. Develop and maintain desk level procedures for this position.
* Assist HRD staff with various work activities such as organizing and coordinating meetings and presentation materials, View Talent Acquisition as needed, resume review, assist in recruitment efforts, post job announcements on electronic job board and other media.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrate knowledge of Federal and State rules and regulations, Arizona State Personnel Rules
* Proficient in HRIS report writing and formatting data
* Advanced skills in Google, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook (calendaring), PowerPoint and Visio (or comparable software program)
* Strong ability to take direction, follow instructions, and produce expected results of assigned tasks in a timely manner
* Demonstrated skills in effective oral and written communication and public speaking/presentations
* Demonstrated experience working with Talent Acquisition and best practices in staffing, recruitment, & selection
* Strong skills in organization and prioritization
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or closely related field. Relevant Certifications. At least one-year of work experience as a State of Arizona Personnel Analyst I; or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.